Monday, January 28, 2008

WHBC's Got Talent!




If you missed the talent night you missed some great fun. Jerry Burns and Mark Frost MC'd with a steady patter of one liners and funny stories. Musical numbers were mixed in with comedy and a poetry reading to make for a very enjoyable time. We even had a juggler!

After the talent dessert seemed like an anti-climax (and you know how well I like cherry pie and ginger cookies :)

I am looking forward to seeing this on the schedule again, and seeing more of the hidden talents in our church family, and hopefully we will see some of that talent used in ministry during the coming year.

4 comments:

Joan Farley said...

I was surprised by some hidden talent. Did you know Gail Burns plays Chopin? I imagine there is more hidden talent out there, and it will be great to see it come out in future years.

Deborah L. Smith said...

Did anyone take photos or video of the talent night? If there is no recording, the hidden talent will remain hidden to those who were unable to attend. I would like to have been there, but could not justify the expense of driving to church and back. I also hope there will be more family entertainment such as the talent night.

Charlie Farley said...

Unfortunately the photographers in the church were absent, but I took a few cell phone shots. Right now my laptop is out of action, but when that is sorted out I will post some pics.

Stephen Woehr said...

Thanks, Pastor, I look forward to seeing some of those, as well.